Bo Huang CV (full)
UCSF Byers Hall Box 2532
1700 4th St Floor 3 Rm 303A
San Francisco CA 94143
FedEx only: use zip 94158
|2017-||Investigator, Chan Zuckerberg Biohub|
|2017-||Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, UCSF|
|2014-2017||Associate Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, UCSF|
|2009-2014||Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, UCSF|
|2006-2009||Harvard University||Postdoctoral Fellow||Mentor: Xiaowei Zhuang|
|2001-2006||Stanford University||PhD in Chemistry||Advisor: Richard N. Zare, Thesis: Chemical analysis of single cells|
|1997-2001||Peking University, China||BS in Chemistry, summa cum laude|
|2017||UCSF Byers Award in Basic Science|
|2017-2027||Chan Zuckerberg Biohub Investigator|
|2016-2018||Finalist, Blavatnik National Awards for Young Scientists|
|2016||ASCB Early Career Life Scientist Award|
|2014||W.M. Keck Foundation Medical Research Grant|
|2011||NIH Director’s New Innovator Award|
|2010||Packard Fellowship for Science and Engineering|
|2007||GE & Science Young Life Scientist Prize, North American Regional Winner|
|2006||Annual Reviews Prize in Physical Chemistry, Stanford University|
|2001-2004||Stanford Graduate Fellowship|
|1997-2000||Guang Cai Scholarship, Peking University|
|2000||Honorable Mention in Interdisciplinary Contest in Modeling, The Consortium for Mathematics and its Applications, USA|
|1997||Bronze Medal in the National Mathematics Olympiad, China|
|1997||Meritorious in Mathematical Contest in Modeling, The Consortium for Mathematics and its Applications, USA|
|1996||Rado Young Genius Prize in China, First Place|
- E. Khwaja, Y.S. Song, A. Agarunov, B. Huang, "CELL-E 2: Translating Proteins to Pictures and Back with a Bidirectional Text-to-Image Transformer," accepted (2023).
- J. Dekker, F. Alber, S. Aufmkolk, B.J. Beliveau, B.G. Bruneau, A.S. Belmont, L. Bintu, A. Boettiger, R. Calandrelli, C.M. Disteche, D.M. Gilbert, T. Gregor, A.S Hansen, B. Huang, D. Huangfu, R. Kalhor, C.S. Leslie, W. Li, Y. Li, J. Ma, W.S. Noble, P.J. Park, J.E. Phillips-Cremins, K.S. Pollard, S.M. Rafelski, B. Ren, Y. Ruan, Y. Shav-Tal, Y. Shen, J. Shendure, X. Shu, C. Strambio-De-Castillia, A. Vertii, H. Zhang, S. Zhong, "Spatial and temporal organization of the genome: Current state and future aims of the 4D nucleome project," Mol. Cell, 83, 2623 (2023).
- J. Zhao*, S. Makhija*, C. Zhou, H. Zhang, Y.Q. Wang, M. Muralidharan, B. Huang#, Y. Cheng#, "Structural insights into the human PA28–20S proteasome enabled by efficient tagging and purification of endogenous proteins," Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 119, e2207200119 (2022).
- M. Zarei, D. Xie, F. Jiang, A. Bagirov, B. Huang, A. Raj, S. Nagarajan, S. Guo, "High activity and high functional connectivity are mutually exclusive in resting state zebrafish and human brains," BMC Biology, 20, 84 (2022).
- W. Liu, W. Zhong, J. Chen, B. Huang, M. Hu, Y. Li, "Understanding regulatory mechanisms of brain function and disease through 3D genome organization," Genes, 13, 586 (2022).
- Y. Wang, H. Pinkard, E. Khwaja, S. Zhou, L. Waller, B. Huang, “Image denoising for fluorescence microscopy by supervised to self-supervised transfer learning,” Opt. Express 29, 41303-41312 (2021).
- G.J. Kim, H. Mo, H. Liu, Z. Wu, S. Chen, J. Zheng, X. Zhao, D. Nucum, J. Shortland, L. Peng, M. Elepano, B. Tang, S. Olson, N. Paras, H. Li, A.R. Renslo, M.R. Arkin, B. Huang, B. Lu, M. Sirota, S. Guo, “A zebrafish screen reveals Renin-angiotensin system inhibitors as neuroprotective via mitochondrial restoration in dopamine neurons,” eLife 10, e69795 (2021).
- D. Kumar, A. Rains, V. Herranz-Pérez, Q. Lu, X. Shi, D.L. Swaney, E. Stevenson, N.J. Krogan, B. Huang, C. Westlake, J.M. Garcia-Verdugo, B.K. Yoder, J.F. Reiter, “A ciliopathy complex builds distal appendages to initiate ciliogenesis,” J. Cell Biol., 220, e202011133 (2021).
- X. Shi*, Q. Li*, Z. Dai, A.A. Tran, S. Feng, A.D. Ramirez, Z. Lin, X. Wang, T.T. Chow, J. CHen, D. Kumar, A.R. McColloch, J.F. Reiter, E.J. Huang, I.B. Seiple#, B. Huang#, “Label-retention expansion microscopy,” J. Cell Biol., 220, e202105067 (2021).
- X. Zhao, J.Q. Garcia, K. Tong, X. Chen, B. Yang, Q. Li, Z. Dai, X. Shi, I.B. Seiple, B. Huang, S. Guo, “Polarized endosome dynamics engage cytoplasmic Par-3 that recruits dynein during asymmetric cell division,” Sci. Adv., 7, eabg1244 (2021).
- B. Tenner, J.Z. Zhang, Y. Kwon, V. Pessino, S. Feng, B. Huang, S. Mehta, J. Zhang, “FluoSTEPs: Fluorescent biosensors for monitoring compartmentalized signaling within endogenous microdomains,” eLife, 7, eabe4091 (2021).
- A. Tulpule*, J. Guan*, D.S. Neel*, H.R. Allegakoen, Y.P. Lin, D. Brown, Y. Chou, A. Heslin, N. Chatterjee, S. Perati, S. Menon, T.A. Nguyen, J. Debnath, A.D. Ramirez, X. Shi, B. Yang, S. Feng, S. Makhija, B. Huang#, T.G. Bivona#, “Kinase-mediated RAS signaling via membraneless cytoplasmic protein,” Cell 184, 2649-2664.e18 (2021).
- S. Makhija, D. Brown, R.M. Rudlaff, J. Doh, S. Bourke, Y. Wang, S. Zhou, R. Cheloor-Kovilakam, B. Huang, “Versatile labeling and detection of endogenous proteins using tag-assisted split enzyme complementation,” ACS Chem. Biol. 16, 671-681 (2021).
- G.E. Peng, V. Pessino, B. Huang, M. von Zastrow, “Spatial decoding of endosomal cAMP signals by a metastable cytoplasmic PKA network,” Nat. Chem. Biol. 17, 558-566 (2021).
- M.M. Keenen, D. Brown, L.D. Brennan, R. Renger, H. Khoo, C.R. Carlson, B. Huang, S.W. Grill, G.J. Narlikar, S. Redding, “HP1 proteins compact DNA into mechanically and positionally stable phase separated domains,” eLife 10, e64563 (2021).
- S. Zhou, S. Feng, D. Brown, B. Huang, “Improved yellow-green split fluorescent proteins for protein labeling and signal amplification,” PLoS ONE 15, e0242592 (2020).
- J. Zhang, D. Velmeshev, K. Hashimoto, Y. Huang, J.W. Hofmann, X. Shi, J. Chen, A.M. Leidal, J.G. Dishart, M.K. Cahill, K.W. Kelley, S.A. Liddelow, W.W. Seeley, B.L. Miller, T.C. Walther, R.V. Farase Jr., J.P. Taylor, E.M. Ullian, B. Huang, J. Debnath, T. Wittmann, A.R. Kreigstein, E.J. Huang, “Neurotoxic microglia promote TDP-43 proteinopathy in progranulin deficiency,” Nature 588, 459-465 (2020).
- X. Huang, X. Shi, M. Hansen, I. Setiady, C. Nemeth, A. Celli, B. Huang, T. Mauro, M. Koval, T. Desai, “Nanotopography enhances dynamic remodeling of tight junction proteins through cytosolic liquid complexes,” ACS Nano 14, 13192–13202 (2020).
- S. Chaturvedi, J. Klein, N. Vardi, C. Bolovan-Fritts, M. Wolf, K. Du, L. Mlera, M. Calvert, N.J. Moorman, F. Goodrum, B. Huang, L.S. Weinberger, “A molecular mechanism for probabilistic bet-hedging and its role in viral latency,” Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA 117, 17240-17248 (2020).
- S. Feng, A. Varshney, D. Coto Villa, C. Modavi, J. Kohler, F. Farah, S. Zhou, N. Ali, J.D. Müller, M. VanHoven, B. Huang, “Bright split red fluorescent proteins for the visualization of endogenous proteins and synapses,” Commun. Biol. 2, 344 (2019).
- J.M. Alexander, J. Guan, B. Li, L. Maliskova, M. Song, Y. Shen, B. Huang, S. Lomvardas, O.D. Weiner, “Live-cell imaging reveals enhancer-dependent Sox2 transcription in the absence of enhancer proximity,” eLife 8, e41769 (2019).
- B. Yang, X. Chen, Y. Wang, S. Feng, V. Pessino, N. Stuurman, N.H. Cho, K.W. Cheng, S.J. Lord, L. Xu, D. Xie, R.D. Mullins, M.D. Leonetti, B. Huang, “Epi-illumination SPIM for volumetric imaging with high spatial-temporal resolution,” Nat. Methods 16, 501-504 (2019).
- S. Das, The Extracellular RNA Communication Consortium, K.M. Ansel, M. Bitzer, X.O. Breakefield, A. Charest, D.J. Galas, M.B. Gerstein, M. Gupta, A. Milosavljevic, M.T. McManus, T. Patel, R.L. Raffai, J. Rozowsky, M.E. Roth, J.A. Saugstad, K. Van Keuren-Jensen, A.M. Weaver, L.C. Laurent, “The Extracellular RNA Communication Consortium: Establishing foundational knowledge and technologies for extracellular RNA research,” Cell, 177, 231-242 (2019).
- X. Shi, G. Garcia III, Y. Wang, J.F. Reiter, B. Huang, “Deformed alignment of super-resolution images for semi-flexible structures in 3D,” PLoS One 0212735 (2019).
- Y. Wang, B. Yang, S. Feng, V. Pessino, B. Huang, “Multicolor fluorescent imaging by space-constrained computational spectral imaging,” Opt. Express 27, 5393 (2019).
- B. Chen, W. Zou, H. Xu, Y. Liang, B. Huang, “Efficient labeling and imaging of protein-coding genes in living cells using CRISPR-Tag,” Nat. Commun. 9, 5065 (2018).
- T.T. Chow, X. Shi, J.H. Wei, J. Guan, G. Stadler, B. Huang, E. Blackburn, “Local enrichment of HP1alpha at telomeres alters their structure and regulation of telomere protection,” Nat. Commun. 9, 3583 (2018).
- M. Percharde, C. Lin, Y. Yin, J. Guan, G.A. Peixoto, A. Bulut-Karslioglu, S. Biechele, B. Huang, X. Shen, M. Ramalho-Santos, “A LINE1-Nucleolin partnership regulates embryonic stem cell identity,” Cell 174, 391-405 (2018).
- G. Sepulveda, M. Antkowiak, I. Brust-Mascher, K. Mahe, T. Ou, N. Castro, L.N. Christensen, L. Cheung, D. Yoon, B. Huang, L.E. Jao, “Co-translational protein targeting facilitates centrosomal recruitment of PCNT during centrosome maturation,” eLife 7, e34959 (2018).
- M.T. Kelliher, Y. Yue, A. Ng, D. Kamiyama, B. Huang, K.J. Verhey, J. Wildonger, “Autoinhibition of kinesin-1 is essential to the dendrite-specific localization of Golgi outposts,” J. Cell Biol. 217, 2531-2547 (2018).
- J. Schnitzbauer, Y. Wang, M. Bakalar, B. Chen, T. Nuwal, S. Zhao, B. Huang, “Correlation analysis framework for localization-based superresolution microscopy,” Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA 115, 3219-3224 (2018).
- P. Viswanath, M. Radoul, J.L. Izquierdo-Garcia, W.Q. Ong, H.A. Luchman, J.G. Cairncross, B. Huang, R.O. Pieper, J.J. Phillips, S.M. Ronen, “2-hydroxyglutarate-mediated autophagy of the endoplasmic reticulum leads to an unusual downregulation of phospholipid biosynthesis in mutant IDH1 gliomas,” Cancer Res. 78, 2290-2304 (2018).
- Y.R. Citron, Y.R. Citron, C.J. Fagerstrom, B. Keszthelyi, B. Huang, N.M. Rusan, M.J.S. Kelly, D.A. Agard, “The centrosomin CM2 domain is a multi-functional binding domain with distinct cell cycle roles,” PLoS One 13, e0190530 (2018).
- X. Shi, G. Garcia, J.C. Van De Weghe, R. McGorty, G.J. Pazour, D. Doherty, B. Huang*, J.F. Reiter*, “Super-resolution microscopy reveals that disruption of ciliary transition-zone architecture causes Joubert syndrome,” Nat. Cell Biol. 19, 1178-1188 (2017).
- R. McGorty, D. Xie, B. Huang, “High-NA open-top selective-plane illumination microscopy for biological imaging,” Opt. Express, 25, 17798-17810 (2017).
- S. Feng, S. Sekine, V. Pessino, H. Li, M.D. Leonetti, B. Huang, “Improved split fluorescent proteins for endogenous protein labeling,” Nat. Commun., 8, 370 (2017).
- Q. Li, M. Reinig, D. Kamiyama, X. Tao, B. Huang, J. Kubby, “Woofer-tweeter adaptive optical structured illumination microscopy,” Photonics Res., 5, 329-334 (2017).
- V. Pessino, Y.R. Citron, S. Feng, B. Huang, “Covalent protein labeling by SpyTag-SpyCatcher in fixed cells for super-resolution microscopy,” ChemBioChem, 18, 1942-1945 (2017).
- R. Irannejad, V. Pessino, D. Mika, B. Huang, P.B. Wedegaertner, M. Conti, M. von Zastrow, “Functional selectivity of GPCR-directed drug action through location bias,” Nat. Chem. Biol. 13, 799-806 (2017).
- B. van Lengerich, E. M. Puchner, C. Angew, B. Huang, N. Jura, “EGF and NRG induce phosphorylation of HER3/ERBB3 by EGFR using distinct oligomeric mechanisms,” Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA 114, E2836-3845 (2017).
- J. Guan, H. Liu, X. Shi, S. Feng, B. Huang, “Tracking multiple genomic elements using correlative CRISPR imaging and sequential DNA FISH,” Biophys. J., 112, 1077-1084 (2017).
- W.Q. Ong, Y.R. Citron, S. Sekine, B. Huang, “Live cell imaging of endogenous mRNA using RNA-based fluorescence ”turn-on" probe", ACS Chem. Biol., 12, 200-205 (2017).
- B. Huang, “A microscopic view of the cell,” Mol. Biol. Cell, 27, 3183-3184 (2016).
- L. Zhu, B. Huang, “STORM using compressed sensing,” in Adrian Stern, editor: Optical Compressive Sensing, CRC Press, pp. 225-238 (2016).
- H. Liu, S. Chen, K. Huang, J. Jim, H. Mo, R. Iovine, J. Gendre, P. Pascal, Q. Li, Z. Dong, M. Arkin, S. Guo, B. Huang, “A high-content larval zebrafish brain imaging method for small molecule drug discovery,” PLoS One, 11, e0164645 (2016).
- Y. Bai, H. Liu, B. Huang, M. Wagle, S. Guo, “Identification of environmental stressors and validation of light preference as a measure of anxiety in larval zebrafish,” BMC Neurosci., 17, 63 (2016).
- M.D. Leonetti, S. Sekine, D. Kamiyama, J.S. Weissman, B. Huang, “A scalable strategy for high-throughput GFP tagging of endogenous human proteins,” Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA, 113, E3501-E3508 (2016).
- B. Chen, J. Guan, B. Huang, “Imaging specific genomic DNA in living cells,” Ann. Rev. Biophys., 45, 1-23 (2016).
- R. McGorty, B. Huang, “Selective-plane illumination microscopy for high-content volumetric biological imaging ,” Proc. SPIE, 9720, 97200P, doi:10.1117/12.2212889 (2016).
- D. Kamiyama, S. Sekine, B. Barsi-Rhyne, J. Hu, B. Chen, L.A. Gilbert, H. Ishikawa, M.D. Leonetti, W.F. Marshall, J.S. Weissman, B. Huang, “Versatile protein tagging in cells with split fluorescent protein,” Nat. Commun., 7, 11046 (2016).
- P. Bieling, T.D. Li, J. Weichsel, R. McGorty, P. Jreij, B. Huang, D.A. Fletcher, R.D. Mullins, “Force feedback controls motor activity and mechanical properties of self-assembling branched actin networks,” Cell, 164, 115-127 (2016).
- B. Chen, J. Hu, R. Almeida, H. Liu, S. Balakrishnan, C. Covill-Cooke, W.A. Lim, B. Huang, “Expanding the CRISPR imaging toolset with Staphylococcus aureus Cas9 for simultaneous imaging of multiple genomic loci,” Nucleic Acids Res., 44, e75 (2016).
- D. Kamiyama, R. McGorty, R. Kamiyama, M.D. Kim, A. Chiba, B. Huang, “Specification of dendritogenesis site in Drosophila aCC motoneuron by membrane-enrichment of Pak1 through Dscam1,” Dev. Cell, 35, 93-106 (2015).
- J.G. Patton, J.L. Franklin, A.M. Weaver, K. Vickers, B. Zhang, R.J. Coffey, K.M. Ansel, R. Blelloch, A. Goga, B. Huang, N. L'Etoille, R. Raffai, C.P. Lai, A.M. Krichevsky, B. Mateescu, V.J. Greiner, C. Hunter, O. Voinnet, M.T. McManus, “Biogenesis, delivery and function of extracellular RNA,” J. Extracellular Vesicles, 4, 27494 (2015).
- W.Q. Ong, Y.R. Citron, J. Schnitzbauer, D. Kamiyama, B. Huang, “Heavy water: a simple solution to increasing brightness of fluorescence protein in super-resolution imaging,” Chem. Commun., 51, 13451 - 13453 (2015).
- R. McGorty, H. Liu, D. Kamiyama. Z. Dong, S. Guo, B. Huang, “Open-top selective plane illumination microscope for conventionally mounted specimens,” Opt. Express, 23, 16142-16153 (2015).
- B. Chen, B. Huang, “Imaging genomic elements in living cells using CRISPR/Cas9”. In J.A. Doudna, E.J. Sontheimer, editors: The use of CRISPR/cas9, ZFNs, TALENs in generating site specific genome alterations, Vol 546, MIE, UK: Academic Press, pp. 337-354 (2014).
- E. Puchner, B. Huang, H. Gaub, “Single molecule techniques - applications in biology,” FEBS Lett., 588, 3519 (2014).
- Y. Wang, J. Schnitzbauer, Z. Hu, X. Li, Y. Cheng, Z.L. Huang, B. Huang, “Localization events-based sample drift correction for localization microscopy with redundant cross-correlation algorithm,” Opt. Express, 22, 15982-15991 (2014).
- S. Sun, C. Zhou, S. Chen, J. Liu, J. Yu, J. Chilek, L. Zhao, M. Y, R. Vinluan, B. Huang, J. Zheng, “Surface-chemistry effect on cellular response of luminescent plasmonic silver nanoparticles,” Bioconjugate Chem., 25, 453-458 (2014).
- R. McGorty, J. Schnitzbauer, W. Zhang, B. Huang, “Correction of depth-dependent aberrations in 3D single molecule localization and super-resolution microscopy,” Opt. Lett., 39, 275-278 (2014).
- B. Chen, L.A. Gilbert, B.A. Cimini, J. Schnitzbauer, W. Zhang, G.W. Li, J. Park. E.H. Blackburn, J.S. Weissman, L.S. Qi, B. Huang, “Dynamic imaging of genomic loci in living human cells by an optimized CRISPR/Cas system,” Cell, 155, 1479-1491 (2013).
- V. Mennella, D.A. Agard, B. Huang, L. Pelletier, “Amorphous no more: subdiffraction view of the pericentriolar material architecture,” Trends Cell Biol. 24, 188-197. (2014).
- E.M. Puchner, J.M. Walter, R. Kasper, B. Huang, W.A. Lim, “Counting molecules in single organelles with superresolution microscopy allows tracking of the endosome maturation trajectory,” Proc. Nat. Acad. Soc. USA, 110, 16015-16020 (2013).
- J. Schnitzbauer, R. McGorty, B. Huang, “4Pi fluorescence detection and 3D particle localization with a single objective,” Opt. Express, 21, 19701-19708 (2013).
- F. Huang, X. Wang, E.M. Ostertag, T. Nuwal, B. Huang, Y.N. Jan, A.I. Basbaum and L.Y. Jan, “TMEM16C facilitates Na(+)-activated K(+) currents in rat sensory neurons and regulates pain processing,” Nat. Neurosci., 16, 1284-1290 (2013).
- R. McGorty, D. Kamiyama, B. Huang, “Active microscope stabilization in three dimensions using image correlation,” Optical Nanoscopy, 2, 3 (2013).
- R. Irannejad, J.C. Tomshine, J.R. Tomshine, M. Chevalier, J. Steyaert, S.G.F. Rasmussen, H. El-Samad, B. Huang, M. von Zastrow, “Conformational biosensors reveal adrenoceptor signaling from endosomes,” Nature, 459, 534-538 (2013).
- A.S. Stender, K. Marchuk, C. Liu, S. Sander, M.W. Meyer, E.A. Smith, B. Neupane, G. Wang, J. Li, J.X. Cheng, B. Huang, N. Fang, “Single cell optical imaging and spectroscopy,” Chem. Rev., 113, 2469-2527 (2013).
- D. Kamiyama B. Huang, “Development in the STORM,” Developmental Cell, 23, 1103 (2012)
- V. Mennella, B. Keszthelyi, K.L. McDonald, B. Chhun, F. Kan, G.C. Rogers, B. Huang, D.A. Agard, “Subdiffraction-resolution fluorescence microscopy reveals a domain of the centrosome critical for pericentriolar material organization,” Nat. Cell Biol., 14, 1159-1168 (2012).
- S.H. Shim, C. Xia, G. Zhong, H.P. Babcock, J.C. Vaughan, B. Huang, X. Wang, C. Xu, G.Q. Bi, X. Zhuang, “Super-resolution fluorescence imaging of organelles in live cells with photoswitchable membrane probes,” Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA, 109, 13978-3983 (2012).
- L. Zhu, W. Zhang, D. Elnatan, B. Huang, “Faster STORM with compressed sensing,” Nat. Methods, 9, 721-723 (2012).
- R. Kasper, B. Huang, “SnapShot: Light Microscopy,” Cell, 147, 1198 (2011).
- G.M.J. Beaudoin, III, G.M. Schofield, T. Nuwal, K. Zang, E.M. Ullian, B. Huang, L.F. Reichardt, “Afadin, a Ras/Rap effector that controls cadherin function, promotes spine and excitatory synapse density in the hippocampus,” J Neurosci., 32, 99-110 (2012).
- B. Huang, “An in-depth view,” Nat Methods, 8, 304-305 (2011).
- B. Huang, H. Babcock, X. Zhuang, “Breaking the diffraction barrier: super-resolution imaging of cells,” Cell, 143, 1047-1058 (2010).
- A. Dani, B. Huang, J. Bergan, C. Dulac, X. Zhuang, “Superresolution imaging of chemical synapses in the brain,” Neuron, 68, 843-856 (2010).
- A. Dani, B. Huang, “New resolving power for light microscopy: applications to neurobiology,” Curr. Opin. Neurobiol., 20, 648-652 (2010).
- M. Wu, B. Huang, M. Graham, A. Raimondi, J.E. Heuser, X. Zhuang, P. De Camilli, “Coupling between clathrin-dependent budding and F-BAR-dependent membrane tubulation in a cell-free system of endocytosis,” Nat. Cell. Biol., 12, 902-908 (2010).
- B. Huang, “Super resolution optical microscopy: multiple choices,” Curr. Opin. Chem. Biol., 14, 10-14 (2010).
- B. Huang, M. Bates, X. Zhuang, “Super resolution fluorescence microscopy,” Ann. Rev. Biochem., 78, 993-1016 (2009).
- M. Bates, B. Huang, X. Zhuang, “Super-resolution imaging by nanoscale localization of photo-switching fluorescent probes,” Curr. Opin. Chem. Biol., 12, 505-514 (2008).
- B. Huang, S. A. Jones, B. Brandenburg, X. Zhuang, “Whole cell 3D STORM reveals interactions between cellular structures with nanometer-scale resolution,” Nat. Methods, 5, 1047-1052 (2008).
- B. Huang, W. Wang, M. Bates, X. Zhuang, “Three-dimension super-resolution imaging by stochastic optical reconstruction microscopy,” Science, 319, 810-813 (2008).
- M. Bates, B. Huang, G. T. Dempsey, X. Zhuang, “Multicolor super-resolution imaging with photo-switchable fluorescent probes,” Science, 317, 1749-1753 (2007).
- B. Huang, H. Wu, D. Bhaya, A. R. Grossman, S. Granier, B. K. Kobilka, R. N. Zare, “Counting low-copy-number proteins in a single cell,” Science, 315, 81-84 (2007).
- S. Kim, B. Huang, H. Wu, R. N. Zare, “Microfluidic separation and capture of analytes for single-molecule spectroscopy,” Lab Chip, 7, 1663-1665 (2007).
- B. Huang, S. Kim, R. N. Zare, “Use of a mixture of n-dodecyl-β-D-maltoside and sodium dodecyl sulfate in poly (dimethylsiloxane) microchips to suppress adhesion and promote separation of proteins,” Anal. Chem., 79, 9145-9149 (2007).
- M. R. Whorton, M. P. Bokoch, S. G. F. Rasmussen, A. Kuszak, B. Huang, R. N. Zare, B. K. Kobilka, R. K. Sunahara, “A monomeric G protein-coupled receptor isolated in a high-density lipoprotein particle efficiently activates its G protein,” Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 104, 7682-7687 (2007).
- B. Huang, F. Yu, R. N. Zare, “Surface plasmon resonance imaging using a high numerical aperture microscope objective,” Anal. Chem., 79, 2979-2983 (2007).
- H. Wu, B. Huang, R. N. Zare, “Generation of complex, static solution gradients in microfluidic channels,” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 128, 4194-4195 (2006).
- Y. Luo, B. Huang, H. Wu, R. N. Zare, “Controlling electroosmotic flow in polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) separation channels by means of prepolymer additives,” Anal. Chem., 78, 4588-4592 (2006).
- B. Huang, H. Wu, S. Kim, B. K. Kobilka, R. N. Zare, “Phospholipid biotinylation of polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) for protein immobilization,” Lab Chip, 6, 369-373 (2006).
- H. Wu, B. Huang, R. N. Zare, “Construction of microfluidic chips using polydimethylsiloxane for adhesive bonding,” Lab Chip, 5, 1393-1398 (2005).
- B. Huang, H. Wu, S. Kim, R. N. Zare, “Coating of poly(dimethylsiloxane) with n-dodecyl-beta-D-maltoside to minimize nonspecific protein adsorption,” Lab Chip, 5, 1005-1007 (2005).
- T. D. Perroud, B. Huang, R. N. Zare, “Effect of bin time on the photon counting histogram for one-photon excitation,” ChemPhysChem, 6, 905-912 (2005).
- B. Huang, T. D. Perroud, R. N. Zare, “Photon counting histogram: one-photon excitation,” ChemPhysChem, 5, 1523-1531 (2004).
- T. D. Perroud, B. Huang, M. I. Wallace, R. N. Zare, “Photon counting histogram for one-photon excitation,” ChemPhysChem, 4, 1121-1123 (2003).
- R. J. Whelan, T. Wohland, L. Neumann, B. Huang, B. K Kobilka, R. N Zare, “Analysis of bimolecular interactions using a miniaturized surface plasmon resonance sensor,” Anal. Chem., 74, 4570-4576 (2002).
- L. Ying, X. Huang, B. Huang, J. Xie, J. Zhao, X. Zhao, “Fluorescence emission and absorption spectra of single Anabaena sp strain PCC7120 cells,” Photochem. Photobio., 76, 310-313 (2002).
- L. Ying, X. Huang, B. Huang, J. Zhao, X. Zhao, “Spectra of single cyanobacterial cells,” Acta Physico-Chimica Sinica, 18, 673-675 (2002).
- B. Huang, Y. Yang, “Treatment of experimental data of surface adsorption in solution by computer linear fitting method,” University Chemistry, 17, 51 (2002).
- SPIE Photonics West, Symposium on High-Speed Biomedical Imaging and Spectroscopy V, San Francisco, CA (2020)
- SPIE Photonics West, BioS Hot Topics, San Francisco, CA (2020)
- Stanford Intrinsically Disordered Proteins Scientific Interest Group, Stanford, CA (2020)
- Advanced Optical Microscopy Tutorial, Peking University, Beijing, China (2019)
- University of Chicago, Chicago, IL (2019)
- American Chemical Society Fall National Meeting, San Diego, CA (2019)
- Janelia Farm Symposium on Chemical Tools for Complex Biological Systems II, VA (1019)
- Carnegie Mellon - University of Pittsburgh Program in Computational Biology, Pittsburgh, PA (2010)
- Keystone Meeting on Imaging Across Scales, Snowbird, UT (2019)
- Biophysical Society Annual Meeting, Baltimore, MD (2019)
- Labeling and Nanoscopy, Heidelberg, Germany (2018)
- Department of Chemical and Systems Biology Retreat, Stanford University, CA (2018)
- Department of Bioengineering, University of California, Berkeley, CA (2018)
- Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Basal, Switzerland (2018)
- Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, Orlando, FL (2018)
- ShanghaiTech University, School of Life Sciences (2017)
- RIKEN QBiC, Osaka, Japan (2017)
- ConBio 2017, Kobe, Japan (2017)
- Department of Physics, University of Minnesota, MN (2017)
- Department of Molecular Biology and Biophysics, Yale University, CT (2017)
- Single-Molecule and Single-Cell Biophysics Symposium, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Department of Biophysics and Biophysical Chemistry (2017)
- Department of Pharmacology, Baylor College of Medicine, TX (2017)
- Center for Life Sciences, Peking Univeristy, China (2016)
- Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Science (2016)
- Frontiers of Biological Microscopy Symposium, University of Science and Technology, China (2016)
- American Society for Cell Biology 2017 Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA (2016)
- TSRI Distinguished Cell and Molecular Biology Lecture Series, The Scripps Institute, CA (2016)
- Department of Chemistry, Princeton University, NJ (2017)
- Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Dresden, Germany (2016)
- Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California, Irvine, CA (2016)
- RIKEN QBiC Symposium, Japan (2016)
- ICREA International Symposium: BioNanoVision of cellular architecture, Barcelona, Spain (2016)
- Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin-Madison, WI (2016)
- Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University, TN (2016)
- 251st American Chemical Society National Meeting, San Diego, CA (2016)
- Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Weill Cornell College of Medicine, NY (2016)
- Waters Symposium, Pittsburg Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, Atlanta, GA (2016)
- ShanghaiTech Bioforum 2015, Shanghai, China (2015)
- INSERM workshop: New trends in super-resolution optical microscopy, Bordeaux, France (2015)
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Symposium on Genome Engineering, NY (2015)
- The 45th World Chemistry Congress and the 48th General Assembly Meeting of the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC-2015), Busan, Korea (2015)
- The 29th Annual Symposium of the Protein Society, Barcelona, Spain (2015)
- Microscopical Society of Canada 42nd Annual Meeting, Canada (2015)
- Frontiers of Life Sciences Symposium, School of Life Sciences, Peking University, China (2015)
- Department of Electric and Computer Engineering, Lehigh University, PA (2015)
- Bioengineering Lecture Series, California Institute of Technology, CA (2015)
- Department of Chemistry, University of California, CA (2015)
- Department of Biology, Johns Hopkins University, MD (2015)
- Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, MA (2015)
- European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany (2015)
- MCDB Graduate Student Symposium, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO (2015)
- Cold Spring Harbor Asia Conference on Single Cells (2014)
- Department of Developmental & Stem Cell Biology, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France (2014)
- Andor Academy, Shanghai, China (2014)
- Department of Biology, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA (2014)
- ROEP Annual Symposium, School of Life Sciences, Peking University, China (2014)
- School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University, China (2014)
- Ben May Department of Cancer Research, University of Chicago, IL (2014)
- Department of Chemistry, Stanford University, CA (2014)
- Institute for Computational Mathematical Engineering, Stanford University, CA (2014)
- Biomedical Sciences Program, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA (2014)
- Pittsburg Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, Chicago, IL (2014)
- Biophysical Society 58th Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA (2014)
- Department of Physics, Arizona State University, AZ (2014)
- Workshop on the Advances of Optical Nanoscopy, Centro de Investigaciones en Bionanociencias, Buenos Aires, Argentina (2013)
- Department of Chemistry, University of Southern California, CA (2013)
- 10th International Conference on Sampling Theory and Applications (SampTA 2013), Bremen, Germany (2013)
- Canadian Society for Molecular Biosciences 56th Annual Conference (2013)
- Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, TX (2013)
- Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, MA (2013)
- Keystone Symposia on Structural Analysis of Supramolecular Assemblies by Hybrid Methods (2013)
- Vienna Biocenter, Austria (2012)
- Computational Optical Sensing and Imaging Graduate Program Seminar, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO (2012)
- Keystone Symposium on High Throughput Structural Biology, Keystone, CO (2012)
- EMD Serono Research Institute, MA (2012)
- Department of Chemistry, Iowa State University, IA (2012)
- Keystone Symposium on High Throughput Structural Biology, Keystone, CO (2012)
- New Mexico Center for Spatiotemporal Modeling, Albuquerque, NM (2012)
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, IL (2011)
- The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA (2011)
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Hubei, China (2011)
- Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Science, Changchun, China (2011)
- Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China (2011)
- Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan (2010)
- The 12th Japanese-American Frontiers of Science Symposium, Chiba, Japan (2010)
- The 10th International Conference on X-Ray Microscopy, Chicago, IL (2010)
- The 2nd Workshop on Imaging in Biology and Medicine, Chengdu, China (2010)
- The First National Conference on Biophysical Chemistry, China, Beijing, China (2010)
- Stanford University Optical Society, Stanford, CA (2010)
- Midwest Microscopy and Microanalysis Society, Northwestern University, IL (2010)
- National Center for Biological Sciences, Bangalore, India (2010)
- Shenzhen University, Shenzhen, China (2010)
- Croucher Advanced Study Institute, The Hong Kong University of Science Technology, Hong Kong (2010)
- 7th NIH Symposium on the Functional Genomics of Critical Illness and Injury, NIH, Bethesda, MD (2009)
- Department of Chemistry, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, (2009)
- Department of Physics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong (2009)
- School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China (2009)
- College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University, Beijing, China (2009)
- ECI Conference on Advances in Optics for Biotechnology, Medicine and Surgery XI, Burlington, VT (2009)
- Society of Applied Spectroscopy New England Section March Meeting, Billerica, MA (2008)
- 19th International Symposium on Microscale Bioseparations, Kobe, Japan (2005)
- Instructor, 2010 Bangalore Microscopy Course
- Instructor, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2017 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Course in Quantitative Imaging
- Co-organizer, 2012-2014 QB3-UCSF Course on Biological Microscopy
- Member, Biophysical Society (2002-Date)
- Member, American Chemistry Society (2005-Date)
- Member, American Society of Cell Biology (2008-Date)
- Journal Reviewer: Cell, Nature, Science, Nature Methods, Nature Biotechnology, Nature Cell Biology, Nature Communications, PNAS, eLife, Developmental Cell, Journal of American Chemical Society, Structure, Nano Letter, Nanoscale, Journal of Molecular Biology, Biophysical Journal, Optica, Optics Letter, Optics Express, Biomedical Optics Express, Microscopy Research and Technique, PLoS One, Scientific Report, etc.